Slideshow Widget

Brynn is 1 week old!

Sunday, August 10, 2014


Hello, guys~







It has been over one week since I gave birth to my first lovely sweet little baby girl.  Baby Brynn turned 1 week old last Wednesday!  It has been quite tough with the newborn but I am enjoying her every single moment!  For those who don't know, she was born on July 30, 2014, 9:57pm weighed 7lbs 9oz by vaginal birth after 25 hours of labor!

Brynn sleeps a lot just like any other newborns in general.  The only problem I face is she wakes up a lot at night and she is wide awake when I desperately need some sleep.  I slowly getting used to the sleepless nights but I really need to figure something out before I go back to work.  This will be beneficial for me and for the baby as well.  I don't ask a lot of help to my husband, especially at night since he needs to work during the day and I am home with the baby which I don't mind for now.  Though, he knows that once I go back to work, he will need to do much more work for the baby as well.

For feeding,  I semi-breastfeed her.  I pump mostly and I supplement with formula once or twice a day.  I try not to give her no more than 2-4 oz of formula a day.  I will write another post on breastfeeding and why I pump mostly.  I would love to exclusively breastfeed her but that is not happening right now.  At the same time, I am dealing with bad mastitis on both breasts.  I will also update you guys on that as well.
She now can take about 1 1/2oz to 2 oz at once in general, sometimes she can take up to 3 oz at once.

Her umbilical stump came off at day 8 mark and now we can give her a regular bath!

Another exciting thing happened this week was getting her newborn pictures taken by a professional photographer!  It was a long session but I really enjoyed every moment with her during the session!







Oh another thing I want to mention is I am cloth diapering at the moment and I am hoping to continue.  I think I might have to use disposables once she goes to the daycare when I go back to work but I still want to use cloth diapers.  I will have to wait and see how things will turn out.

I think that's it for the first week of Brynn's life update.  Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for me!
Thanks for reading!

Love, Jo


 

Post a Comment