Slideshow Widget

2 week update!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hi Friends! 

Brynn turned 2 weeks old this Wednesday!  So she is 2weeks and 3 days old today! I can't believe how fast time goes and she is also getting big! 
I am amazed at her how much she can eat(the milk) now and it seems to be increasing everyday!  I can't keep up with my milk supply!!












She is so perfect!

The big difference I noticed this week is that she sleeps a lot better at night.  I think I am starting to figure out what she wants and what she needs.  Also, she is getting used to the routine and she is getting more sleep and longer sleep between the feedings! (which means less interrupted sleep for me!) She normally wakes up about 2-3 times a night and drinks about 2 -3 oz of breast milk.  I then change her dirty diapers, rock her a bit and she goes to sleep!  So, it is getting much easier for me!
Though, we still don't have a solid routine hours.  yeah, she is only 2 weeks old... 

Her umbilical stump fell off last week, so we started giving her normal bath.  She still has some liquid oozing but no signs and symptoms of infection.  I think she likes her bath but still she gets a little fussy during the bath time.   Binky is a must have during the bath!  
I also think that since the regular bath, she sleeps better at night!  

I didn't include how my recovery was during the first week.  I definitely feel much better this week and things are going back to normal.  I still have minor pain and discomfort but nothing compared to the first week.  I still haven't written about my labor and delivery but I promise, next post will be about my labor and delivery!!! yes! yes! and yes!

We had 2 week checkup with our doctor yesterday.  Brynn was 7 lbs and 14 oz and 20 1/2 inches long on 2 week checkup! Everything was perfect!
As I mentioned thingns are getting better for me and my anemia is certainly getting better! Also, I didn't mention before but I have diastasis recti after having her (separation of recti abdominal muscle).  So I asked him about that and he reassured me that it will go away or will get better with time.  So, for now, I do have real funny looking abdomen.  It is slightly tender to touch as well.  

Anyway,  I think that's it for 2 week update!  I am still loving my motherhood and enjoying her every single moment.  I am also excited to see my parents this week!  My brother and my dad haven't met Brynn so I can't wait to show her to them!

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Love, Jo.


Post a Comment